Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Isolate Test and Prod Folders

By default, all application after upload are stored in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Is there a option to separate applications in two directories in the same Qlik Sense Server? Like a mounted folder in Qlikview Server.

Example:

C:\Dev - Development Applications - Stream Dev - Security Rule DevUsers

C:\Prod - Production Enviroment - Stream Prod - Security Rule ProdUsers

gno, mto, rwunderlich, can help?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Ricardo,

Remember that in Sense you import the QVF files, you don't longer have to leave apps on a folder structure like Qlikview.  It does create a file type that might be use as reference ( in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps) for the QRS, and I do not see that's changeable.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Ricardo,

Remember that in Sense you import the QVF files, you don't longer have to leave apps on a folder structure like Qlikview.  It does create a file type that might be use as reference ( in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps) for the QRS, and I do not see that's changeable.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you REALLY-REALLY want to keep your Sense Apps in separate folders, you may, with some limitations:

- These applications won't appear in the Hub. You can only open them by dragging the QVF file from the folder onto the Sense Desktop.

- You can modify and save the Apps, and they will be saved in the corresponding folders.

- I recall there was an issue with using the same App on multiple open tabs, but I don't recall exactly what it was...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com