Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruben_antelo
Partner - Contributor III

Login Qlik Sense on Windows with mail and password using Forms in Virtual Proxy

Hi guys,

Our company uses now mail & password to access all their services. 

Using Qlik Sense on Windows there is no problem when using Central Virtual Proxy, using "Windows Authentication pattern" Windows

ruben_antelo_1-1676906773207.png

ruben_antelo_0-1676907685655.png

It works!

But when using a mobile device Qlik Sense changes to "internal form" automatically:

ruben_antelo_6-1676907460329.png

and DOES NOT allow mail and password.

I tried "internal form" code copy and use another input field in a new "Virtual Proxy" but I do not figure out how achieve that.

ruben_antelo_4-1676907049968.png

ruben_antelo_3-1676907022016.png

So I am concerned about:

1. Why Qlik Sense changes from Windows to Internal Forms approach on mobile devices

2. Is it possible the internal forms modification approach or I should test SAML AD FS instead?

Thank you in advance. Any clarification will be really appreciated.

Best regards,

Rubén Antelo

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @ruben_antelo ,

The error message in the login box is descriptive in that it is expecting domain\user format instead of user@domain .  The last code block screenshot you post shows input type= "text" and domain\user. 

Have you tried changing to input type="email"?

I'm not sure why this would change to forms auth, are you using a client authentication link? 

Last but not least, yes, you could try to implement SAML authentication here to resolve this.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

ruben_antelo
Author

Hello @Jay_Brown,

thank you very much for your response 🙂 

Yes, I tried changing to input type="email" but it does not make a difference. Same problem.

After some investigation I think that the form "Windows" as default will only work on Windows machines that can ask for credentials to LDAP. As far as I know, the mobiles (Android / iOS) can not invoke these forms (and they are not in VPN to connect to LDAP) so I think it is a default behavior for Qlik Sense.

And yes, now I am trying to use an IdP Azuren AD FS to config SAML. 

Thank you very much for your help Jay, as you can see I took the SAML path. 

Best regards,

Rubén Antelo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @ruben_antelo ,

The error message in the login box is descriptive in that it is expecting domain\user format instead of user@domain .  The last code block screenshot you post shows input type= "text" and domain\user. 

Have you tried changing to input type="email"?

I'm not sure why this would change to forms auth, are you using a client authentication link? 

Last but not least, yes, you could try to implement SAML authentication here to resolve this.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
ruben_antelo
Author

Hello @Jay_Brown,

thank you very much for your response 🙂 

Yes, I tried changing to input type="email" but it does not make a difference. Same problem.

After some investigation I think that the form "Windows" as default will only work on Windows machines that can ask for credentials to LDAP. As far as I know, the mobiles (Android / iOS) can not invoke these forms (and they are not in VPN to connect to LDAP) so I think it is a default behavior for Qlik Sense.

And yes, now I am trying to use an IdP Azuren AD FS to config SAML. 

Thank you very much for your help Jay, as you can see I took the SAML path. 

Best regards,

Rubén Antelo