Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
QlikWorld Online 2021, May 10-12: Our Free, Virtual, Global Event REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

Monitoring Apps Failing once the service account to run the services are changed.

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded to the NOV 2018 Qlik sense version with the service account which has admin rights on the server and all the monitoring Apps and environment are working as expected. We tried to change the service account to run the services to a different service account which has same admin rights to the one as before by following the steps as below.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

But the monitoring apps are failing continuously once the change is done and there are no logs generated for the failure to as in the task I am not able to download the script log and also in the program data/log folder there are no recent logs generated related to that. I also tried to change the login and password for data connections starting with monitor_rest_apps with the new service ID password even than monitoring apps are getting failed. But once I go back to the original service account which is used for installation the monitoring apps are working fine. Please let me know I have missed any steps in changing the service account to run the services in between.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,

Hemantha.

4 Replies
korsikov
Partner
Partner

Hi,
In my experience, it is enough to follow the instructions and update the username / password in the DataConnections.
You can found logs in \\qsshare\\archivedlogs\hostname\scripts
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Koriskov,

 

Thank you for your reply but there are no logs generated for this at all once the service account is changed. The logs start to generate only when the service Id was changed to the old one which is used for installation.

Regards,

Hemantha.

simon_minifie
Partner
Partner

Hi Hemantha,

 

Have you tried deleting the monitoring apps and then re-importing?

Delete them via the QMC and then import a fresh copy from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps

 

Thanks,

Simon

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Simon,

The main reason here is not only with the monitoring Apps failing but even in the Hub once we open a dashboard we are facing errors like Cannot connect to On-demand app service and Data profiling service connection failed Refresh your browser. But once we change back to the actual account everything is working fine. There are not Logs getting generated once we switch the account so we are not able to identify what type of issue it is.

We tried to change the Ownership of the QlikShare folder to the service ID but even than the same error is coming up.

Thanks,

Hemantha.