Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorota
Contributor
Contributor

No slave scheduler found - problem with data reload

Hello,

I'm using Qlik Sense Enterprise as a developer since October. When I started, I was completely inexperienced. Now I'm ok with making changes in apps, scripts, etc, but I'm afraid, and also have no experience of doing administrative stuff like backups or updating.

My first question: Do you manage backups or updates on your own, or maybe you have bought a support from external companies? Is it safe to do it first time based only on tutorials?

Second question: I found out that in QMC->tasks "Reload Operations Monitor" and "Reload License Monitor" are not reloading from couple of days and i don't know why, because I didn't make any changes. The task status is error and i can see those messages belove

2021-04-28 13:28:03 UTC
Changing task state from Triggered to Error
No slave scheduler found
Changing task state to Triggered

I can't download script log too. It's also not possible to open this apps, error message is:
Error message: No available Qlik Sense engine was found. Refresh your browser or contact your system administrator
Is it possible, that this is connected with no updating Qlik from february 2020? Do you have any ideas what could caused this problem and how to cope with that?
Thank you in advance,
Dorota
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Dorota 

You will likely receive a better response by creating this thread in the Qlik Sense > Deployment & Management section instead of here in the QlikView > Administration section.

Qlik Support article Qlik Sense - How to troubleshoot Engine related issue has good information on troubleshooting the "No available Qlik Sense engine was found" error. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Dorota I'm moving this post to the QlikSense Deployment & Management board

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Regarding Administrative tasks in general, I would highly suggest to take a look at this link: https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/

This provides a lots of valuable insights on how to administer your Qlik Sense platform as well as how often certain task needs to be performed.

Regarding the Operation Monitor failing to reload, if you are on a multi node environment, I would suggest to take a look at (section Reload is Performed on rim nodes)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.