Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RikEr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Novermber upgrade Qlik Enterprise Windows gets stuck at "Installing repository Database"

Hey All,

First off, I am new to this forum. So if I ask a question that was already answered somewhere else, please refer me to that article.

So, the reason I opened this one is that I started an upgrade last week to update our environment to the November 2023 version of Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. During the update the installation got stuck during the step "Installing Repository Database". After 8 hours of waiting and concluding the server was idle and not anything I rebooted the server. After which we had to roll back to the backup from the night before

The steps that were taken are that in September/October the postgres database was installed en the repository database service was dissabled. 

The only article I found on this forum was this one. However that did not give any answer as to why and how the problem was resolved. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Labels (1)
10 Replies
RikEr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you all for your help. It was indeed the older 9.6 version that was not uninstalled from the server. After removing/uninstalling this version the installation went well and without any hick-ups.