Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopikrisham
Contributor II
Contributor II

On-Demand App Generation (ODAG) - governance

#ODAG,#Qliksense @zeref @Chris @Sonja 

HI, Can you help us to better understand the ODAG reloads, if a user generated a new ODAG app, where we can find the scrit log for the newly created app. does it really creates a scrip log when sa_api reloads the app ? if not what are the options that we have to quantify the ODAG load historical changes on reloads nodes. Your feedback will help us to create some app that can help us to do better governce on ODAG requests to plan capacity on scheduler nodes.

Regards,

Gopi 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham if a user generates a new ODAG application the application can be found in the normal script logs. You would use the application ID to find the specific application.  Refer here 

If you use the API and the "sa_api" service account to reload the app. A script log is not generated as there is no return value from the reload endpoint as you can see in the documentation .

You have some insight into reloads via the API if you use the Reloads monitor application.  See Reloads monitor app

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham I'm not sure if this is logged. But you could check the timestamps in the AuditActivity_Engine log. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham if a user generates a new ODAG application the application can be found in the normal script logs. You would use the application ID to find the specific application.  Refer here 

If you use the API and the "sa_api" service account to reload the app. A script log is not generated as there is no return value from the reload endpoint as you can see in the documentation .

You have some insight into reloads via the API if you use the Reloads monitor application.  See Reloads monitor app

Hope this helps. 

gopikrisham
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, 

Indeed that helps. I have another question on this ,  what is the priority when a odag reload initiated by end user vs normal schedule jobs.

for example I have a scheduler with 4 concurrent reloads enabled and 4 jobs running at that moment, then a user initiated a ODAG report how scheduler engine will execute this request? Will the ODAG request kept in queued state for a while until any one of the running job change the status (complete/fails) or the ODAG request will be prioritized and reloaded without any waiting period if yes what is the impact to the scheduled jobs ?

Regards,

Gopi

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham if a user manually triggers a reload then that reload will be executed immediately. 

gopikrisham
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Eugene_Sleator  Sorry if my question is not clear enough to answer. my ask is ODAG generation ( backend SA_api reload ) vs normal qmc job. 

are you saying that ODAG reload never moved to queued/waiting state to reload even the scheduler is fully occupied with QMC jobs ?   the reason for asking this question is , when we are tying to generate an odag with same selections some times it takes 5 minutes to generate  and some times its taking 30 minutes, so wanted to understand what is actuvally causing this delay. 

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham thanks for the clarification. If the scheduler is fully occupied then yes the app creation would be queued. The difference in the time that you mention would be expected if at the same time you have scheduled reloads executing. 

gopikrisham
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Eugene_Sleator : Thank you for the information. i was wondering if there is a way that we can see the logging information when a ODAG report queued ? may i know scheduler Engine audit log will have such information ? 

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @gopikrisham I'm not sure if this is logged. But you could check the timestamps in the AuditActivity_Engine log.