Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skage
Partner - Contributor III

One of two apps get "App is not valid for distribution" when distributing to cloud

I have a customer who have two published apps that have custom properties set to have them distributed to QlikCloud. Used this instruction to set things up: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De... 

The apps are published in different streams but owned by the same user. One is successfully distributed and the other is rejected with "App is not valid for distribution" in the logs.

Re-applying the custom property will trigger the distribution attempt but the results are the same for both apps, one is successful and the other one is not. 

What criteria are apps validated against? I can't find anything regarding this in the documentation.

Are there any other logs or traces/messages to look for that can shed some light on the rejection?

TIA!

/lars

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @Skage 

Do you have LB rules in place, please check below.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/App-Distribution-from-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-...

Is it possible to run a Qlik Sense repair and see if this works out.

Skage
Author

Hi,

I'll try that but the weird thing is that one of the files work and the rules should be default.

Also if this has to do with LB then shouldn't the log say something about that instead of indicating that there is a property regarding the app that isn't correct and why is the other file distributed successfully...

This is a single-node client-managed, but does this functionality change the environment to be a cluster with a local central-node and a rim-node in the cloud?

/lars