Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III

PostgreSQL - Errors in Event Viewer

Hi everyone,

In Qlik Central server we receive many errors messages under event viewer every day.

The description is simiiler in all of them but the Error is different.. 

I saw in this post that was answered that some errors are working by design and are harmless.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/PostgreSQL-event-viewer-errors/td-p/1571911

I want to know if all errors are harmelss or some are critical ? How do we tell which is what ?

This is the error description that we get in all of them:

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

This is the Error that is different every time:

ERROR:  permission denied for schema qlik_mobility_registrar_service at character 13

STATEMENT:  DELETE FROM qlik_mobility_registrar_service.tokens WHERE "updatedAt" < NOW() - INTERVAL '5184000 SECONDS'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:  permission denied for schema dataprep_service at character 28

STATEMENT:  CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "dataprep_service"."kvs_dataprep_datamodel" (key TEXT NOT NULL, value TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (key))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:  permission denied for schema dataprep_service at character 13

STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO "dataprep_service"."kvs_dataprep_datamodel" (key, value, expire_at) VALUES($1, $2, statement_timestamp() AT TIME ZONE 'utc' + $3 * INTERVAL '1 millisecond') ON CONFLICT (key) DO UPDATE SET value = EXCLUDED.value

ERROR:  permission denied for schema dataprep_service at character 79

STATEMENT:  SELECT value, expire_at, statement_timestamp() AT TIME ZONE 'utc' AS now FROM "dataprep_service"."kvs_dataprep_datamodel" WHERE key = $1

How can we solve this kind of errors or maybe disable it so new ones will not appear..

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello, 
I addressed them below as best I could. I believe you need to address some of these errors with your Qlik Sense App Developer. 

1. The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found.  

1a. Probably something about Qlik Logging. Can pretty much be ignored. I see this error all over the place on healthy servers. 

2.  permission denied for schema ...

2a. Check with your Qlik Sense Developer and try to identify which app(s) is (are) getting the permissions denied and see what is going on.

3.  CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "dataprep_service"."kvs_dataprep_datamodel" (key TEXT NOT NULL, value TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (key)) 

3a. Check with your Qlik Developer. I am not sure this is an error, but it seems like one of the apps is at least causing this message to appear. 

4/5.  permission denied for schema ...

4a. Check with your Qlik Sense Developer and try to identify which app(s) is (are) getting the permissions denied and see what is going on.

You can disable the error if you want, but it would be a bit like disabling the 'Check Engine' light on your car to 'fix' the problem. Feel free to reach out with more specific questions if you'd like. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello, 
I addressed them below as best I could. I believe you need to address some of these errors with your Qlik Sense App Developer. 

1. The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found.  

1a. Probably something about Qlik Logging. Can pretty much be ignored. I see this error all over the place on healthy servers. 

2.  permission denied for schema ...

2a. Check with your Qlik Sense Developer and try to identify which app(s) is (are) getting the permissions denied and see what is going on.

3.  CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "dataprep_service"."kvs_dataprep_datamodel" (key TEXT NOT NULL, value TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (key)) 

3a. Check with your Qlik Developer. I am not sure this is an error, but it seems like one of the apps is at least causing this message to appear. 

4/5.  permission denied for schema ...

4a. Check with your Qlik Sense Developer and try to identify which app(s) is (are) getting the permissions denied and see what is going on.

You can disable the error if you want, but it would be a bit like disabling the 'Check Engine' light on your car to 'fix' the problem. Feel free to reach out with more specific questions if you'd like.