Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uri_TG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem updating from qlik sense august 2021 to february 2023 part 2

Hello,

I created few days ago a post about the problems I had updating the postgresql to postgresql standalone here Solved: Re: Problem updating from qlik sense august 2021 t... - Qlik Community - 2052538.  The fact is that I though It was all resolved, I keep having the qlik sense repository database and the postgresql service working. Stopping the old one didn't affect the server and It keep all working beeing able to access to QMC and Hub, so today I decided to delete the old service.

After that and restarting the server to check If there were any problems now I'm unable to access to QMC and Hub. Going to the qlik sense repository logs it says:

There was an error contacting the license service. Keep retrying... (1 failed requests) GET /v1/licenses/overview StatusCode: InternalServerError Response: . Could not connect to the license service. NO-STACKTRACE

I checked that on the new database the table Licenses exists, it was there, and followed the advice from here, just in case:

Cannot open QMC or Hub "InternalServerError" and "... - Qlik Community - 1717654

Also on QlikUtils:

Error pinging host:'hostname:80' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:80
Error pinging host:'hostname:443' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:443
Error pinging host:'hostname:4239' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4239
Error pinging host:'hostname:4242' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4242
Error pinging host:'hostname:4243' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4243
Error pinging host:'hostname:4244' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4244
Error pinging host:'hostname:4248' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4248
Error pinging host:'hostname:4444' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4444
Error pinging host:'hostname:4747' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4747
Error pinging host:'hostname:4748' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4748
Error pinging host:'hostname:4899' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4899
hostname with port 4900 is responding.
hostname with port 4949 is responding.
Error pinging host:'hostname:4545' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:4545
Error pinging host:'hostname:5050' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:5050
Error pinging host:'hostname:5151' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:5151
Error pinging host:'hostname:5050' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:5050
hostname with port 9028 is responding.
localhost with port 5432 is responding.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

PD I disabled the firewall to check If there were the problems, but no

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Uri_TG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Following that post https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Postgres-database-moved-to-new-host-but-some... I solved the access to QMC and Hub.

I had problems with the folders DataPrepService, MobilityRegistrarService, NLBroker and NotifierService but changing the path to $global:psqlPath to the real path where psql.exe worked the execution.

Now using QSUtils it shows:

Error pinging host:'machinename:80' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:80
machinename with port 443 is responding.
machinename with port 4239 is responding.
machinename with port 4242 is responding.
machinename with port 4243 is responding.
machinename with port 4244 is responding.
Error pinging host:'machinename:4248' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:4248
machinename with port 4444 is responding.
machinename with port 4747 is responding.
machinename with port 4748 is responding.
machinename with port 4899 is responding.
machinename with port 4900 is responding.
machinename with port 4949 is responding.
Error pinging host:'machinename:4545' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:4545
machinename with port 5050 is responding.
machinename with port 5151 is responding.
machinename with port 9028 is responding.

It's ok to have that ports refused? Or i should do something.

Thanks.

PD I checked another server that we have, and there we also have not responding 80 and 4228, but not 4545, that one should be accessible. 

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Uri_TG ,

I would recommend  you to use this article to see if there are other processes using such ports:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-check-which-program-is-using-a-specif...

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

Albert_Candelario

Checking the Help page I do not see such ports listed anymore:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

While been used in the past:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Cheers,

Albert

5 Replies
Uri_TG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Following that post https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Postgres-database-moved-to-new-host-but-some... I solved the access to QMC and Hub.

I had problems with the folders DataPrepService, MobilityRegistrarService, NLBroker and NotifierService but changing the path to $global:psqlPath to the real path where psql.exe worked the execution.

Now using QSUtils it shows:

Error pinging host:'machinename:80' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:80
machinename with port 443 is responding.
machinename with port 4239 is responding.
machinename with port 4242 is responding.
machinename with port 4243 is responding.
machinename with port 4244 is responding.
Error pinging host:'machinename:4248' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:4248
machinename with port 4444 is responding.
machinename with port 4747 is responding.
machinename with port 4748 is responding.
machinename with port 4899 is responding.
machinename with port 4900 is responding.
machinename with port 4949 is responding.
Error pinging host:'machinename:4545' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:4545
machinename with port 5151 is responding.
machinename with port 9028 is responding.

It's ok to have that ports refused? Or i should do something.

Thanks.

PD I checked another server that we have, and there we also have not responding 80 and 4228, but not 4545, that one should be accessible. 

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Uri_TG ,

I would recommend  you to use this article to see if there are other processes using such ports:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-check-which-program-is-using-a-specif...

Cheers,

Albert

Uri_TG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer Albert, I checked the ports, but the port 4545 is not being used. I also checked another post with a similar problem and I disabled the firewall restarting the qliksense server and checking another time QSUtils but the line keeps showing the same: Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ip:4545.

Albert_Candelario

Checking the Help page I do not see such ports listed anymore:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

While been used in the past:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

Cheers,

Albert

Uri_TG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Albert for your answer, maybe its not used.

Regards.