Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC Task Error: "No slave scheduler found"

Hi,

We are getting an error in the QMC when scheduled tasks are starting to queue up (waiting on what is executing to begin).  My timeout is set to 120 minutes, but these are immediately failing with the error above (No slave scheduler found).

We have a single scheduler node configured as Master and Slave, and the engine service is running on this node.  Confirmed QMC shows the service is running (and so does Windows).  Resources on the machine are not maxed out.  I am setup to allow 6 concurrent tasks to run (based on 8 cores).  It seems like as soon as several tasks start to get in the triggered or queued status this happens.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @brian_booden  and everyone else.

There has been some improvements along the way, but the bug has been fully fixed in the code just recently.
The release of the fix is currently planned for June 2019: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000053947
Thanks for the patience and understanding!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Dan

We're experiencing exactly the same situation for a few days now. Only difference is that we have a 60min timeout, otherwise our setup is the same: single node Master and Slave, services ok, 6 concurrent tasks allowed and server performance isn't maxed.

As soon as task is triggered to start, QMC states: "no slave scheduler found" and the task will move to "Error" state and not retry.

Were you able to get help to your problem?

daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Aki - We ended up restarting the machines in our environment, and everything returned to normal.  It seems like on occasion we run into issues like this (miscellaneous errors with the services) and a restart seems to resolve it.  Unfortunately, we can't find any information on troubleshooting or understanding the root cause of the issue. 

Thiago_Justen_

Here is a quick solution:

Re: Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Tasks has "No slave scheduler found" error

Thiago Justen Teixeira Gonçalves
Farol BI
WhatsApp: 24 98152-1675
daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thiago - Good find - we had tried a similar approach as this with restarting selected services on the scheduler node, but unfortunately for our environment it did not resolve the issue.

balabhaskarqlik

May be try this:

Solution is that the Engine must be Enabled on the Scheduler node, otherwise it will not be able to run tasks.

if you are setting up Qlik Sense in a multi-node configuration, and something's not working properly, CHECK YOUR PORTS FIRST!!!! Even if you are sure you got them all opened the way you're supposed to, go back and check your ports against the documentation, every time! It should be the first step in your troubleshooting, especially if you have an extra layer of bureaucracy in having sys admins who are in charge of managing those ports.

Try these:

1. Central node should be master only. and slave or scheduler node should be slave.

2. After distributing the certificate, make sure you restart all qliksense services on both the nodes at least twice.

3. The most important thing, you may get a msg saying "Scheduler has stopped", Then you have to wait for some time(it may be in hours). it is the time which repository takes to get in sync with each other. That's what most people does not do.

4. I will request you to do this in off peak hours.

Change config Fly only master yukon only Slave and start task

Attempting to start task            Reload task of big data

Sending task Reload task of big data to slavenode yukon.rbcgrp.com (Slavenode id: 410304ca-4f37-4db2-b411-faf3bcd8e123)           

Task completed successfully    .

BeeGees
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same issue. Started more or less at the same time. I've upgraded to Qlik June 2018 recently and I'm blaming this one for those. Full machine restart also helps. But after services stop & start due to daily backup I'm starting to face those "No slave scheduler found".

I have central node + rim node. Oryginally i had scheduler running only on central one, configured as master + slave. But I've checked configuration with rim node as master scheduler and central node as slave scheduler (can't do otherwise, since odbc are physically configured only on central node).

Ports are fine - also tested on firewall down.

The only difference is that when Engine service start for the first time i got this error in event viewer:

"Engine GetQrsSettings: Failed to retrieve QrsSettings, status code=404"

But after next startup all works fine.

Also, in task at QMC - I'm able to start them manually with couple retries. It seems that when too much tasks are queued at once some of them are failing with "No slave scheduler found". Max concurent reloads is set to 28 on both schedulers. I'm using half of that at most.

aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Dan

Yeah we were able to fix this issue with just restarting all Qlik services. When we looked at the services initially everything was in "Running" state, so no hint there that anything was wrong. But as we've learned, Qlik services seem to sometimes "malfuntion" and still be "Running" in the systems eyes so no flags are raised. I think that was the case with us.

asparagus
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have the same issue since aprox. 2 weeks.

This morning I recognized that the server has been rebooted this night (I guess by out Windows Admin). The Engine and the Scheduler Service directly crasht after they where started automatically. I tried to stop and start all Services manually in the right order and the Engine Service crashed again. I tried to restart only the Engine service and then it kept running finde.

The Windows Event log says: Engine GetQrsSettings: Failed to retrieve QrsSettings, status code=404

My QlikSense is running on June 2018 release, but when the error first appeared it was runnin gon Feb. 2018.

RickWild64
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Mine started working when I activated all the services on the rim node in the Nodes page of the QMC. We already had QRS, QES and QSS activated, and all the services were running on the rim node anyway. I haven't worked out yet which one did the trick.

Good luck,

Rick