Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC Task Error: "No slave scheduler found"

Hi,

We are getting an error in the QMC when scheduled tasks are starting to queue up (waiting on what is executing to begin).  My timeout is set to 120 minutes, but these are immediately failing with the error above (No slave scheduler found).

We have a single scheduler node configured as Master and Slave, and the engine service is running on this node.  Confirmed QMC shows the service is running (and so does Windows).  Resources on the machine are not maxed out.  I am setup to allow 6 concurrent tasks to run (based on 8 cores).  It seems like as soon as several tasks start to get in the triggered or queued status this happens.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

37 Replies
BeeGees
Contributor III
Contributor III

tbh it should be marked as critical issue and solved as soon as possible. yet, Qlik is "investigating" for past 6months.. it basically disables scheduler functionality. entirely

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @BeeGees,

I understand the frustration.
Unfortunately this issue happens only in a very limited number of environments, and we have not been able to reproduce it in any of our labs, which would have sped up resolution.
For this reason we ask everyone to log a case with Support, either  directly or indirectly, to gather as much information and putting weight behind the investigation.
In the meantime, R&D is also working on alternatives to solve this.

You mentioned having had problems with Qlik Support: can you please mention some case numbers or your account/license (even with a private message, of course), so that I can have a look and understand what the issue was? Thanks for the understanding!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
brian_booden
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,

Is this something that can be typically resolved by an upgrade?  I've seen a few scenarios of this happening recently on April and June 2018 installations, and the random nature of it can cause some major issues when dealing with complex task chains.

Regards,

Brian

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @brian_booden  and everyone else.

There has been some improvements along the way, but the bug has been fully fixed in the code just recently.
The release of the fix is currently planned for June 2019: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000053947
Thanks for the patience and understanding!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks for the patience, everyone!
We have fixes finally coming or already out in patches for versions from September 2018 and forward. 
More details about the patch versions in our support article.

asmitamkhrj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello all , apart from the above errors which are mentioned in here , I could find another one which says the following :
"Message: No ServerNodeConfigurations found in load balancing rules for App (name/id) Qlik Sense E2E Monitoring/256ffb0c-8333-4804-9e22-1a21ba394f3b 0"

I am wondering if this could be related to the LB rules ? please suggest ! 
I have restarted my system a many times, and nothing helps. 

Tejaswini
Contributor II
Contributor II

Even we are facing similar issue in Production environment with 2 scheduler nodes. Only 3 jobs are failing with this error everyday through QMC. Even upon restart we see the same error. Not understanding why specifically for only 3 jobs while rest others are running fine

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Tejaswini

Since this tread is old, and the scenario doeanät match 100% it might be better to start a new one.

But one thing you can check. is if there are any load balancing rules in place.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/A-specific-task-displays-Error-status-message-No-worker/ta-p...