Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lass
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QMC suddenly not responding and Dashboards are not accessible

We have had multiple situations where QMC suddenly is not accessible and until we restart the server dashboards and QMC are not accessible.

I have attached logs and would like a Qlik Support Agent to parse through this and help us figure out what is happening.

This is critical and would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Lass

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi I would suggest the following:

Engine logs are showing AAALR errors:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/AAALR-is-reg

PostgreSQL.conf need to increase Max Connections to 120 per node

pg_hba.conf file need to add      host all all ::/0 md5

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/PostgreSQL-postgresql-conf-and-pg-hba-conf-e...

Also, you need to check if you can get to your share file location from every node.
\\EUAZU-SSR-QSC01\QlikShare\CustomData\QVD\

All services on all nodes need to be restarted

Lass
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Allan

Thanks so much will look into this and revert back to you

Lass
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Allan

2 things:

our current Max connnection is set to 200, so I guess it is more that 120 or do we calculate 120 per node which works out to 360 and then change the value to 360 on each node.

The case of the update "pg_hba.conf file need to add      host all all ::/0 md5"

Do we add to the current entry line or replace it with the current line that is there, just want to be 100% sure of this .

Below is what we have on the current file ...

Lass_0-1675542435332.png

Thanks

Lass

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Lass, 

1. This configuration defines how many connections PostgreSQL will allow.  It is best to use a rule of thumb of about 110 connections per node. 2 nodes would = 220 Total.  This is applied to the files where the database is installed. 

2. Just add this to the bottom: host all all ::/0 md5"

Just as an example if you have this below this should be commented out by adding a # in front of it.

host all all fe80::48e0:0000:0000:0000/128 md5

Lass
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Allan

We applied the above recommended settings and had no issues until today, where we had QMC working well but the Dashboards were hanging on the loader and not loading up,

I have added another set of logs today after these events and I am hoping you can pick something up to help resolve this issue.

Once again thanks a lot for spending the time to help us resolve this Mistry.

Logs Attached

Lass

Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Lass, I see that you have 3 nodes and I can see in the logs that node "euazu-ssr-qsp01.isometrix.com" has the following error: An exception (fileNotFound \\EUAZU-SSR-QSC01\QlikShare\CustomData\

1. This configuration defines how many connections PostgreSQL will allow.  It is best to use a rule of thumb of about 110 connections per node. 3 nodes would = 330 Total.  This is applied to the files where the database is installed. 

2. Validate that all nodes can read/write to your service cluster shared folder location.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-change-the-share-path-in-Qlik-Sense-S...