Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_vladimirova
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Data Transfer installed on machine with QlikView Server

Hello,

Can I install Qlik Data Transfer on a server where QlikView server is installed? The following services are currently running on the server:

- QlikView Server

- QlikView Webserver

- QlikView Directory Service Connector

As per the Installation documentation, we need to stop the Qlik services first before starting installation of QDT and then restart them in a specified order. However, only Qlik Sense services are listed. Is this relevant for QlikView services, too?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

I.V.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

I have not tried this scenario myself but looking at the documentation it says:

If you have a Qlik Sense Desktop or another Qlik platform installed on the same server, you must shut down them down and stop the Qlik services before you can install Qlik DataTransfer .

So I believe this applies to any platform QlikView or Qlik Sense even though the screenshots provided are based on Qlik Sense. 

Regarding the order to restart the service, it shouldn't not matter with QlikView. It's only the Qlik Sense services that has a specific dependency. 

Finally, before doing the install, make sure there won't be any port conflict. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/install...

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

I have not tried this scenario myself but looking at the documentation it says:

If you have a Qlik Sense Desktop or another Qlik platform installed on the same server, you must shut down them down and stop the Qlik services before you can install Qlik DataTransfer .

So I believe this applies to any platform QlikView or Qlik Sense even though the screenshots provided are based on Qlik Sense. 

Regarding the order to restart the service, it shouldn't not matter with QlikView. It's only the Qlik Sense services that has a specific dependency. 

Finally, before doing the install, make sure there won't be any port conflict. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/install...

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.