Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Deployment Console Error.

Hello,

I'm trying to create a site on AWS using QDC but getting the attached error while trying to upload setup files. I think it is related to slow upload speed so it gets a timeout probably.

Any way to overcome this? Increasing the timeout or uploading the files to S3 etc?

For instance, I would prefer QDC to upload setup files to my S3 for once and all and then it can easily download it to my site nodes. It does not seem like the issue.

BR

Serhan 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Serhan,

that is good to know. Now you can configure your AWS settings according to this: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/DeploymentConsole/Content/QDC/AWS-Require...

You will find all the Ports you need to open here.

Let me / us know how it works.

BR

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Serhan, sorry for the delay - let's see if thp‌ can provide some assistance.

@Thomas?

Regards.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Serhan, by looking at the log, is it possible your local firewall is blocking the upload traffic from your local machine to the AWS box? Or is it possible that your security group settings on AWS need to be adjusted to allow access from your local machine?

Just some thoughts. Thomas will know better.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

I believe it may be related to slow upload traffic of Turkey. But ports are also reasonable.

I set up to allow Sense ports via AWS security group. Anything else to allow?

BR

Serhan

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Serhan,

can you please add a new inbound rule that allows all traffic only for your IP. I would like to make sure that your issue is for sure not related to a missing port:

AWS_inbound.jpg

If that works, we will look deeper into your configuration. Can you please post a picture of your AWS Firewall configuration ?

BR,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

As soon as I allowed all the traffic it worked.

Which ports to consider? I had already set up generic Sense ports to be allowed.

BR

Serhan

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Serhan,

that is good to know. Now you can configure your AWS settings according to this: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/DeploymentConsole/Content/QDC/AWS-Require...

You will find all the Ports you need to open here.

Let me / us know how it works.

BR

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the help.

It works with the ports you provided from help. Sorry I missed that help part.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Thomas,

I also have a related question.

I guess setup files are uploaded all the time directly to the machine. Is that right? Or does it upload it to my S3 account for once and then it downloads setups from S3 for the following installations?

The second one seems more optimum to me. How does it work?

BR

Serhan

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Serhan,

you are asking a fair and well known question. At the moment we upload indeed the setup file multiple times depending on how many nodes you have in your setup. Obviously your second approach is by far more optimum and we are working already on a Theme for speeding up the installation part where the way of how we are uploading the setup file is one part of it.

So please stay tuned for more updates here and thanks for spending time on the QDC in order to try out all of this great new capabilities.

Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback in general.

BR,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp