cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Nprinting 17.2 Importing Active Directory Users

Can i import the user from active directory to Qlik Nprinting 17.2 ?

4 Replies
fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Not, until this moment it's impossible import directly from AD. But you can import a Excel file with users from AD.

You can too log using AD credentials.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What does it mean: "log using AD credentials"?  What password is used?  The one cabled inside NP?  What happens if a user change the AD password?  Is it possible to login again?

My experience is that NP only validated that the user imported in NP itself has a valid Domain Account and there is no possobility to use the AD password.

Thank you in advance if you or someone else have some answers..

FM

fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Francesco Mora escreveu:

What does it mean: "log using AD credentials"?  What password is used?  The one cabled inside NP?  What happens if a user change the AD password?  Is it possible to login again?

My experience is that NP only validated that the user imported in NP itself has a valid Domain Account and there is no possobility to use the AD password.

Thank you in advance if you or someone else have some answers..

FM

You can create a user in nprinting and set a NTNAME credential for it.
Something like DOMAIN / USER.
This user will have two ways of authenticating in the CONSOLE of NPrinting.

Using the email and password that are created compulsorily, or by using the NTNAME credential.

Note that the NTNAME credentials are unique to the NPrinting Console for Newstand and are not valid. For this you must use the e-mail and the password configured during the creation of the user.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have found the solution.  The issue was generated by a wrong setting in IE:  the newsstand IP address was ot in the IE trusted sites.  I add the address and magically the NTLM auth. starts working.

Thank you in any case,

FM