Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaudharybilal
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Data Manager - Stuck at loading tables

Hi,

We are facing a couple of weird issue with Qlik Sense server. We had a running application, and out of no where one day we found out that the Data Manager was not showing any table. When we go to Data Load editor, the script is present in the Auto generated script, but vanishes after a few seconds. And this thing happens everytime we open the data load editor for that application. The data in app was present with all the transformation we've applied in the data manager.

So we copied the script and added a new custom script and pasted the auto generated one in that, opened the data manager and synchronize the tables to view the model in Data manager. Since then everything was working fine. Today, when I wanted to change something in the model, I opened the Data manager and it keeps on saying "Loading tables". But nothing happens.

We can't find anything in the logs and are not sure what can we do to resolve this.

Thanks

11 Replies
Majed
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is a late reply, but I am including in case it would help someone.

I work with large tables, over 100 m records. Working with datamanager is very difficult with these tables. Since I need datamanager for associations, I use first the load editor. After the name of each of the large tables, I add the following:

first 1000

Then the data loads fast, and Datamanager loads fast. I add/edit the necessary associations, then load data.

Then back to the load editor comment the line with first 1000 , then finally, load data from data load editor, and directly to the sheet. It is a workaround, but it works, and saves a lot of time watching the "paint dry"

johnnyirldev
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved this by creating a brand new app and adding each load statement one by one in the script editor. After each load addition, save, load and go to the table manager. Synchronize scripted tables, add any associations, load again, save, and go back to the script editor and add the next Load statement. I also limited the rows returned to 10, until the model was complete and then removed the limitation. This is kind of ridiculous in a tool that has been around a while. A major, major flaw in the software. @Anonymous hope you are clued in!!