Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense Engine Memory Usage

We have only 1 App which is loaded every 4 minute. The size of the App is just below 200 MB. Our dev team open connection this app via Engine Api  with  certificate authentication (Internal user sa_engineapi used).  I can see in the engine log 

Server: App Load: Beginning open of app

Document Load: Pre-generation complete from GenericDimension expressions

StdServer: OnRemoteClosed entered for socket

TlsSocket::ReadHandler.: Already closed 0 Internal Engine

Session stop reason: Socket closed by client 0 internal

@Sonja_Bauernfeind 

I can understand that every time the Engine Api connection is made app is loaded to memory as it's refreshed in 4 minutes.  But than previous loaded should be irrelevant. So do Qlik wait till memory consumption reaches Min Memory Usage % which is set by default to 70.

Because now Qlik Engine is consuming upto 12 GB of our 16 GB server and I find it difficult to explain the reason with such a very small app.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is there a chance this could be because the engine API connections are never closed and each session memory usage is accumulated till 70% of RAM is consumed

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@fabdulazeez

If the sessions are not closed, the app will stay in memory until the service is restarted. Each session will use some recourses.  During the reload of the app, extra memory will also be used.

But first you have to check how much memory the app needs in memory. The file seize on disk is not the same as in memory. 

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the support. The application is really small and we connect it only via Engine API. There is no visualization except few tables(with no computations)  which are used to verify data

Upon first connection the RAM usage is within 400 MB and grows very gradually until it reaches the maximum(11 GB which is 70% of total RAM) after a month.

How can I check it from the logs if those sessions (to Engine API authenticated using certificates) is staying  in the memory. We are creating a connection continuously to fetch data. (The App reloads every 3 min). There are entries inside Engine session logs where the connection exit reason is "Socket closed by client". So how can I see if there are any open connections as I believe we get to see session in reason only after it exit.

We have Feb 2019 version of Qlik sense. Is there any known issue for that version