Did you mean: 
Marcos_Keyrus
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense Load Balancing and environment Production and Developer

Hi!

I'm in need of help understanding the following structure:

I have an installation of 3 nodes.

Node1 (Central) Function (Production) Active services (All).
Node2 (RimNode) Function (Production) Active Services (Engine, Schedule)
Node3 (Rimnode) Function (Development) Active Services (Engine and Schedule)

2 Virtual Proxies
Virtual Proxy 1 (Load Balance Node1 and Node2)
Virtual Proxy 2 (Load Balance Node3) Prefix /DEV

No custom rules

Note: I do not have a front balancer and the database is installed on Node1

My doubts.

With these settings created do I have an operating environment or for this to work do I need to perform other settings?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, 

Your architecture looks correct. You are isolating dev and prod with different VP and you are not putting different node purposes in the same VP which is the way to go. 
If you want to allow exporting PDF etc you may want to enable the printing service too. (repo is not mentionned there but i guess it will be by default in all your nodes)

Best regards,

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, 

Your architecture looks correct. You are isolating dev and prod with different VP and you are not putting different node purposes in the same VP which is the way to go. 
If you want to allow exporting PDF etc you may want to enable the printing service too. (repo is not mentionned there but i guess it will be by default in all your nodes)

Best regards,

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉