Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Logout with Azure Application GW does not work

Hello,

We are using Qlik Sense version August 2021.

Problem: Logout button doesn't work. With Browser diagnostic tools, I found that it is trying to reach the host URL of qlik sense and not the public domain of App GW. I found a very similar problem here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Logout-button-not-working-when-accessing-through-...

But the solution described in the above article doesn't work for me (also it is not very clear). 

X-Forwarded-Host header exists only in "Request Header" Type and not in "Response Header" Type in Azure App GW configurations. I have tried to rewrite qlik host address there to external DNS name but it doesn't work.

If Server Variable needs to be overwritten then it is not clear how to do it in Azure App GW. are there any examples?
Also the article suggests solution for older Qlik version, is there a different approach required in August 2021 version?

Note: We are using end-to-end TLS that means no TLS termination happening in Azure App GW

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Qlik Sense logout button doesn't work as usual as any other website like Facebook. Qlik Sense create session with use machine or browser. until session keeps alive your user can login without entering the credentials.

Usually session expires by server machine restart, end user machine restart, cookies clear etc.

Thanks,

Rohit  

iamsalman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

if that is true then why there is a logout button? it is supposed to work and it does work on local machine. my question is how to make it work behind a proxy and there are already some knowledge articles on qlik forums on how to do that. they are just not explicit enough for Azure App GW. would be good if someone from Qlik support can guide in this case.
anyways having logout functionality only on session expire is a big security loophole. user must be able to logout on button press!

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Well I explained the Windows Session as auth module in virtual proxy. What you are saying could work for SAML or other auth module.