Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monjay07
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher Failed During April 2020 Upgrade

Hi,

I was upgrading Qlik Sense from November 2018 to April 2020 version but the upgrade failed. The installation failed at the Service Dispatcher stage. Qlik Sense 2018 Postgresdb doesn't include qlik_notifier_service and qlik_mobility_registrar_service schema. My expectation was that the upgrade would create this schemas but the log indicates that the schemas already exists, however, the ownership could not be successfully changed.  See the log below

Have you had similar issue in the past? What could be the way out?

CAQuietExec: NotifierService configuration started.
CAQuietExec: WARNING: Skiping the database initialization. No superuser or password
CAQuietExec: specified.
CAQuietExec: Creating schema 'qlik_notifier_service'.
CAQuietExec: Schema 'qlik_notifier_service' already exists, changing owner to 'qliksenserepository'.
CAQuietExec: True
CAQuietExec: Error executing database command "ALTER SCHEMA qlik_notifier_service OWNER TO
CAQuietExec: "qliksenserepository"": ERROR: schema "qlik_notifier_service" does not exist
CAQuietExec: At Qlik\Sense\NotifierService\install\install-utils\Postgres.ps1:112 char:13
CAQuietExec: + throw "Error executing database comman ...
CAQuietExec: + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) , Exception
CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing database command "ALTER SCHEMA q
CAQuietExec: lik_notifier_service OWNER TO "qliksenserepository"": ERROR: schema "qlik
CAQuietExec: _notifier_service" does not exist
CAQuietExec:
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: QuietExec Failed
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070001: Failed in ExecCommon method

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
monjay07
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I was able to find the workaround. I created the new schemas and the associated tables, grant ownership to qliksenserepository before the upgrade.  The upgrade was successful. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
monjay07
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I was able to find the workaround. I created the new schemas and the associated tables, grant ownership to qliksenserepository before the upgrade.  The upgrade was successful. 

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@monjay07 Here is a Help Doc link that may be of a little future use too, not sure but worth checking out I think.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

If you see something missing in the documentation, you can use the Feedback dialog on the Help page to send a comment back to the Doc Team for further improvements to the Help Doc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.