Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense performance is mediocre at times

Hello,

I have been having some issues with the Enterprise version of Qlik Sense in which performance seems to be extremely poor at times and I'm wondering if it's because of how the environment is designed.

We have one Central node and three RIM nodes. The central node is closed off to users, and users are load balanced onto the three RIM nodes. However, could this be hurting us in terms of performance? The apps the users use can be massive (around 5  GB) and they have been complaining about performance. We've done what we can on our side which is reducing years of data, but they consider it necessary and I'm trying to avoid having to split up the app. Since the app is so large, it can take up to 30-40 seconds to open up on one particular node. Is the fact that we have three RIM nodes hurting us? If a user is loaded onto RIM Node 1 and then gets load balanced onto RIM Node 3 later in the day, it'd be like he was opening the app for the first time again.

Are three RIM nodes hurting us? This is also assuming that the data models are designed well which I certainly hope they are.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can analyze the performance of specific apps, identify the cause(s) of poor performance in the app and get recommendations using my QSDA Pro tool.  Reach out if you want a demo or trial. 

There are a series of videos and articles here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-start-investigating-Qlik-Sense-Perfor... that discuss environmental causes of performance such as server sizing. 

-Rob