Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upendra77
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik installation issue

Hi Everyone,

while i am installing Qlik sense i am getting error like qlik service doesn't have administrator previlise, when i check qlik services it showing administrator access.

Please help me what is the solution for this and here i am attaching the error

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @upendra77 

The key here is :

Action 13:03:55 51 SERVICEUSER: SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser
Action 13:03:56 13 Adding user SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser to Qlik Sense Service Users group
Action 13:03:56 15 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: A member could not be added to or removed from the local group because the member does not exist.

I have, of course, censored the name of the domain and user. The text above is at lines 3610-3612, so you can investigate those lines to find the actual domain and username.

So, it looks like the system is not able to find the SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser that you provided. You should verify with your IT why that is happening. Maybe the user does not exist on the domain, maybe the account that you are using to run the installation is not able to query the domain, maybe something else.

The error "A member could not be added to or removed from the local group because the member does not exist" is a standard Microsoft Error, not a Qlik one.

I hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
upendra77
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please help me on this

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @upendra77 

You should be able to complete the installation anyway. If the service account you picked is part of the Local Administrators group, the system will work. There has been some rare scenarios where the installer is not able to pick the fact that the user is belonging to a the Local Administrators group in Windows, but then there is no actual problem.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
upendra77
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Daniuele 

Thankyou for your reply, i tried to install but installation in getting cancel and i downloaded the log file also, here i am attaching the log file for failure.

please give solution for this

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @upendra77 

The key here is :

Action 13:03:55 51 SERVICEUSER: SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser
Action 13:03:56 13 Adding user SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser to Qlik Sense Service Users group
Action 13:03:56 15 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: A member could not be added to or removed from the local group because the member does not exist.

I have, of course, censored the name of the domain and user. The text above is at lines 3610-3612, so you can investigate those lines to find the actual domain and username.

So, it looks like the system is not able to find the SPECIFIEDDOMAIN\specifieduser that you provided. You should verify with your IT why that is happening. Maybe the user does not exist on the domain, maybe the account that you are using to run the installation is not able to query the domain, maybe something else.

The error "A member could not be added to or removed from the local group because the member does not exist" is a standard Microsoft Error, not a Qlik one.

I hope this helps!

upendra77
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thankyou so much Daniele, It helps a lot

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks to you @upendra77 !
In general, to troubleshoot installation log files you can follow this article.

Cheers!