Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikSense Cloud - Create link to sheet - User cannot see personal space to create link in

A user is trying to create a link to a sheet so that they have the link to the sheet available directly from their hub. However, when they try to create the link they do not have the option of choosing their personal space, only a managed space that they are a member of. 

I have tried amending their permissions but nothing seems to make a difference. The user does have a professional license if that makes a difference?

Can anyone please advise why they wouldn't see their personal space to create the link in? (as in the attached image).

Thanks.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I went to Qlik support with this and the answer is that only the tenant admin can create links to sheets within their personal space. Of course that is not very useful for the users, but that is the situation anyway for anyone else looking for that answer. Qlik are going to update the helpfiles so this is clear.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Raju_6952
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @canoebi99 ,

Please check the license type - Professional one is assigned to the user and grant required permission. users  can create thier own anlytical app which will be kept in personal space anyway.

Regards,

Raju

canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, unfortunately this doesn't answer my question. As per my post, the user has a professional license. Creating an app in the users personal space isn't what we are looking to do, we are looking to use the inbuilt feature to create a link to a specific sheet of the app in the hub. The issue is that the user doesn't see the personal space as an option to create the link to the sheet in and we don't want that link to appear for all users, hence the need to save it to their personal space. 

canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I went to Qlik support with this and the answer is that only the tenant admin can create links to sheets within their personal space. Of course that is not very useful for the users, but that is the situation anyway for anyone else looking for that answer. Qlik are going to update the helpfiles so this is clear.