Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView Converter Not Working

I'm trying to use QlikView Converter but it just keeps spinning. I haven't received an error messages, its just not working. I keep closing it and trying again but nothing... 

trying to convert a QlikView app from 2016....

Sarah_Miller_0-1656524279451.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @Sarah_Miller  the issue is most likely that the version of QlikView is simply too old.
As QlikView 9 has not been supported in a long time. It is recommend to resave the applications, that are old or generated from an old version of QlikView, in a much newer i.e. a supported version of QlikView before uploading it to cloud. QlikView Supported Versions 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Probably Due to size it is taking that much time. Is it Desktop version of Qlik Sense?

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @Sarah_Miller  the issue is most likely that the version of QlikView is simply too old.
As QlikView 9 has not been supported in a long time. It is recommend to resave the applications, that are old or generated from an old version of QlikView, in a much newer i.e. a supported version of QlikView before uploading it to cloud. QlikView Supported Versions 

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We are facing the exact same issue?

We're having Qlik Sense february 2023 release installed. The QlikView document is being created with a May 2022 realease.

No section Access, no Macros, no big data....Any suggestions?

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Found the issue on our side.

The converter service logs (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\ConverterService )indicated  a missing subdirectory "content" that seemed to be causing  the MKDIR command to fail.

philipp_kunz_1-1681214061044.png

after adding the"content"-Folder to the path  ("C:\Users\<serviceaccount>\AppData\Local\Temp\content") it worked...