Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vimalthehero
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense logs out every 30 mins - suggestions needed

this is a question to understand the Qliksense server load management relate to user sessions.

we requested Qliksense platform team to set Qliksense users session timeout to 60 mins (at present, sessiontimeout is 30 min) and admin team responded its will may cause huge server load.

i feel, Qliksense as an application has better server load management system where we never faced any performance issue while performing any huge transformations with big data..

Hearing their response, i couldn't understand, how come increasing  session timeout from 30 min to 60 min will impact the server load. ( slight impact may happens, we accept it)

Question:

do Qliksense has any role based sessiontime setting in qliksnese.?

or any suggestions for how to improve this session timeout issue.

even though session timeout is 30 mins, for me Qliksense logs out automatically before reaching 30 min, even though I'm using it actively.

which is very annoying for all qliksnese users.

Expecting expert advices

//Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @vimalthehero,

If the session are extended from 30min to 60min it should not have a big impact on the load of the servers. Also notice that the apps are still in memory by default 28800 seconds once the last session has ended.

When it comes to your sessions not honoring the Qlik Sense timeout setting, that might indicate that there is a 3rd party settings on your network that is in play and terminating the session earlier.

I hope this helps!
Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Albert_Candelario

Hello @vimalthehero,

If the session are extended from 30min to 60min it should not have a big impact on the load of the servers. Also notice that the apps are still in memory by default 28800 seconds once the last session has ended.

When it comes to your sessions not honoring the Qlik Sense timeout setting, that might indicate that there is a 3rd party settings on your network that is in play and terminating the session earlier.

I hope this helps!
Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer