Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Or
MVP
MVP

Read-only script access for users via security rule

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to allow specific users (based on a group, role, or whatever else) read only script access. They should be able to open the data load editor and view the script, but they should not be able to change anything, save, use data connections, etc. This rule should also be specific to the data load editor - I don't want to give them any other app editing permissions. As far as I'm concerned a global rule here is good enough - I can adapt it later to allow e.g. viewing script only in apps you are already allowed to see / based on stream / whatever else. 

I've done my best with Qlik's resources and Google, but have not come up with a solution myself. Every suggested solution that allows a user to see the data load editor appears to require granting edit access to the entire app for that user, and even then the data load editor access isn't read-only.

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP
Author

Following up on this thread so I can close it - no solution was found in the Qlik infrastructure, sadly.

As a workaround, I've created an app that reads all of the reload logs from the server folder, purges all of the non-script elements (timestamps, mostly), and then displays the resulting text in a text object. This way I can allow people to at least copy this text and view it in Notepad or whatever else.