Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sten_still
Partner - Contributor III

Restore the QMC setting from the existing server to new server.

Dear Techies, 

Currently I'm moving the environment from the existing server to the new server due to upgrade and also changing from on-prem to VMs. 

I have followed the steps from here : (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA... )

However I am getting the error of pg_restore: warning: errors ignored on restore: 22 when restoring the backup QSR. 

Any advice are welcome and appreciated. 

Thanks,

Amir

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @sten_still,

Thanks for posting.

This is a warning, is the restore indeed failing or not? If is not failing could be ignored.

Also remember to use the same version during the backup and the restore and afterward you can upgrade to a newer version.

Let us know!

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
sten_still
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario , 

I have solved the issue by making a new copy of the backup path and able to restore the repository database from the existing server to new server. Seems like the folder not correctly named. 

However I'm facing another issue the Qlik Sense Repository Services wont start properly, is this because of the PostgreSQL version is different ;

• on existing server is using v9.6 while
  • new server installed with QPI on the version of v12.5.

Any workaround to restore the QMC setting if the server both on different version without upgrade the PostgreSQL ? Also do Qlik provide any documentation for the different version of PostgreSQL migration ?

Thanks.