cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Restoring Qlik Sense to a different host - Feb 2020 P2

I am trying to restore Qlik Sense to a different host following the process outlined at: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Take-Backup-And-Restore-Qlik-Sense-...

Qlik Sense Version: February 2020 P2

The target box has had Qlik Sense installed before and meets all prerequisites for Qlik Sense installation, including admin user, QlikShare folder and necessary ports.

K. Change directory to the Repository installation folder and start the repository service with the two distinct commands:
cd "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository"
repository.exe -standalone -restorehostname

I did the same on my target box - dev123. There was some CPU activity on repository service, and then all went silent. The Repository Service under Windows services did not start.

The only way out of this was to use the repository.exe -standalone -restorehostname -bootstrap and start the dispatcher service when it is waiting at main. Not sure if this is the correct process or not to use the -bootstrap option but this is the only way it worked.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"Indicating that if you added -bootstrap to the command line and start the dispatcher service, your migration has succeeded?"

Both yes and no. The above step got the certs on target work with the QSR database backup moved from source to target (did not need to move the certs from source to target). I had to get into the database and make some changes manually to get the system to work. But yes, I did get it working, atleast to a comfortable level. And then there were some that were updated to system via our back end process that uses engine APIs and that got most of it working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

Following the discussion in the linked article, I gathered two more suggestions for you - but I did see that you mentioned you were able to get this to work?

"The only way out of this was to use the repository.exe -standalone -restorehostname -bootstrap and start the dispatcher service when it is waiting at main. Not sure if this is the correct process or not to use the -bootstrap option but this is the only way it worked."

Indicating that if you added -bootstrap to the command line and start the dispatcher service, your migration has succeeded? 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"Indicating that if you added -bootstrap to the command line and start the dispatcher service, your migration has succeeded?"

Both yes and no. The above step got the certs on target work with the QSR database backup moved from source to target (did not need to move the certs from source to target). I had to get into the database and make some changes manually to get the system to work. But yes, I did get it working, atleast to a comfortable level. And then there were some that were updated to system via our back end process that uses engine APIs and that got most of it working.