Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michielho
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

SMTP Exchange

Hi Qlik, 

Our customer we want to use the SMTP exchange. The IT developer told us that this protocol will be updated by microsoft on short notice. Will Qlik update this in Qlik Cloud? If so, when will this happen? 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/basic-authentication-and-exchange-online-s...

kind regards,

Michiel Hofsteenge

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @michielho , thanks for the wait!
While Microsoft won't completely disable Basic SMTP auth for customers that wish to use it, we understand the concerns from your IT.
While Qlik is discussing internally how to better address this, I have logged an Idea that will help push the necessary changes so that more secure authentication processes are implemented in the product.
Please, make sure to like the Idea or comment on it, so that it can gain traction. Have a great day!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @michielho , I'll check if it's already in the roadmap and get back to you.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @michielho , thanks for the wait!
While Microsoft won't completely disable Basic SMTP auth for customers that wish to use it, we understand the concerns from your IT.
While Qlik is discussing internally how to better address this, I have logged an Idea that will help push the necessary changes so that more secure authentication processes are implemented in the product.
Please, make sure to like the Idea or comment on it, so that it can gain traction. Have a great day!