Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanderingcatto
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access with Large Data File

I have a Qlik Sense app that I had developed on Qlik Sense Desktop, which I would like to import to Qlik Sense Enterprise.

The data source is a flat excel file that is >500mb big. When I developed the app on Desktop, I can just create a connection to the folder on my laptop, and load the data from the excel. However, Qlik Sense Enterprise does not allow connections to local folder. Hence, when I import the .qvf file from my PC to Qlik Sense Enterprise, I had to make sure that the connections are first deleted, and the load scripts are commented out via Qlik Sekse Desktop, before bringing it into Qlik Sense Enterprise. Given that the maximum allowable size for an attached file on Qlik Sense Enterprise is capped at 200MB in total, there's no way that I can load data on Qlik Sense Enterprise using attached file. That is to say, once I developed the app on Desktop and bring it into Enterprise, I cannot make any changes to the data load editor and load data anymore.

However, the complication comes in when I want to implement Section Access. Section Access is not supported in Qlik Sense Desktop. Hence, I could not prepare this part when developing my app on Qlik Sense Desktop. After bringing the app into Qlik Sense Enterprise, I cannot load data on the data load editor (because I can't connect to my local folder nor can I attached my large data file). Hence, I cannot implement Section Access at this stage as well.

How can I get around all of these limitations?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @wanderingcatto  in answer to your questions

1) The limit for the size of attached files cannot be avoided if you choose to use these. You cannot get around this limitation. 

Regarding how to load data in Qlik Sense from attached file/s please read the article below this is explained as you will see there in no connection created when using attached files.

LoadData adding data attached files 

2) If developing in QS Desktop the section access table can be added. But will have no effect until imported into Qlik Sense. 
Manage security with section access