Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klekovkinda
Partner - Contributor III

Security rule to see the qmc configuration and have an ability to trigger reload tasks.

I need a user who can have an access to QMC and have an ability to reload created task. 
But whatever I do even when I have start reload task button I cannot trigger it. There is an issue:
"The operation failed due to insufficient privileges."
And I have no Idea what kind of permissions I have missed?

P.S. I have noticed that I can trigger task if give user access to update the application. But the idea is that user can see configuration and trigger task. User should not have the permissions to update/delete/create anything.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It is not possible to give people reload access without also giving them update access, unfortunately. You'll have to give them update access. However, if you restrict their QMC access to the Tasks page, and restrict their update access to QMC, they probably can't actually update anything in the app. That's what we eventually settled on for our reloads.

klekovkinda
Author

@Or  but what is a minimum update rights I can give to a user for triggering the reload task. I see that only application update is working. That mean I can rename an application as well. That's unacceptable. for the person who should trigger the task in case some urgent case.

Or
MVP
MVP

You're welcome to contact Qlik and try to get them to change this particular requirement. I completely agree that it is not ideal and have mentioned that to Qlik already. I'm just suggesting the workaround we use - give update only in QMC, and only allow access to the QMC Tasks page, so that the user has no location where they can actually abuse those update permissions.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

I'm not sure if this help, bit I wanted to mention it.

You can create security rules that only applies to QMC. Default they apply to both, but you can change it at the bottom of the rule page when you create/edit a rule.