Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Setting Default Stream for Specific Users

Hello,

Right now if we use the standard hub url (https anycompany / hub) users come to the Work stream. 

Is there anywhere in the QMC where we can specify for the user what stream that link lands in?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qlik_Maestro,

Are you using multiple virtual proxies or just the standard default virtual proxy for the Hub? If using the default virtual proxy, you can create more and associate the resultant URL to specific streams, user properties, and security rules. See the Qlik Sense online Help entry Virtual Proxies and the Qlik Support article Qlik Sense:  How to Create a New Virtual Proxy for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qlik_Maestro,

Are you using multiple virtual proxies or just the standard default virtual proxy for the Hub? If using the default virtual proxy, you can create more and associate the resultant URL to specific streams, user properties, and security rules. See the Qlik Sense online Help entry Virtual Proxies and the Qlik Support article Qlik Sense:  How to Create a New Virtual Proxy for more details.

Best Regards

Or
MVP
MVP

@Chip_Matejowsky I'm not the OP but I was also interested in this question. I read through both of those and I didn't see anything on setting a default stream on which the user will land (rather than the default of Work). Could you point me in the right direction?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Or,

So with a new Virtual Proxy, you can add a distinct identity provider so that each VP will have it's own "landing page."  See Qlik Sense Help entry Creating a New Identity Provider Configuration.

Best Regards

Or
MVP
MVP

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

I'm still failing to understand how this allows an administrator to control which stream a user lands on by default, unfortunately. There is no reference in the page you linked to either streams or defaults. Additionally, it appears to only pertain to Qlik Cloud, whereas I am looking for Qlik Sense Enterprise information as per your previous post which I believe linked Enterprise knowledge.

My preference would actually be to send each user to their Favorites page if they have one, and I've posted an Idea in the Ideation forum to this effect, but following up on this post I was hoping there was a way to easily control this via QMC settings.  

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Yeah, accidentally sent the Qlik Cloud link instead of the Qlik Sense Enterprise link. With my original post response to the OP, my goal was to explain at a high level that additional VPs can be associated with user properties or security rules so that specific users are routed to specific URLs.

I have seen some environments that employ an additional web server layer in front of QS that allows users to use the same URL, but that is outside my scope of knowledge on the subject. There isn't a way to do this "out of the box" unfortunately. You could always make a Feature Request for what it is you are looking for.

Best Regards

Or
MVP
MVP

Thanks for clarifying - looks like what I'm after isn't available, and I've already made an Ideation post for my suggestion - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/QS-Default-landing-spot-in-Hub-should-be-Favorites-if-... . Here's to hoping it gets picked up.