Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yann_courtet
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Slow Server Performance

Hi,

We got an installation with 1 scheduler and 1 web server.

We've got a daily reload running on our scheduler server. 
The duration is almost always the same, and suddently, everything starts to be a lot slower (with the same amount of data) :
- Extraction of data (read DB and write into qvd) takes between 25% and 30% more time.
- models takes about 20-25% more time to run.

Memory usage is < 50%. CPU is low (except during models reload).

I tried to run the extraction of a table from a DB on the Dev / Web / Scheduler.
- It takes about 25% more time on the scheduler than other servers (all the time spent is when retrieving the data). Performance on other servers is the same as the one on the scheduler before the problems occurs.
- Same behavior if I reload it from the QMC or from the Hub.

I did change one parameter on the scheduler (increased the user timeout) 2 days before the performance issue appears (first reload after the parameter was changed was completly normal, and then all the reloads are slow since then). 

We did restart the server / I tried to put the timeout back to its previous value without performance improvment.

Any idea what could I check ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yann_courtet
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Finally, we found the issue.

It was a problem from the company that host the system and that moved the scheduler server to an apparently low performance system without telling us. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @yann_courtet,

Which version of Sense are you using?

yann_courtet
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Finally, we found the issue.

It was a problem from the company that host the system and that moved the scheduler server to an apparently low performance system without telling us.