Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swastik_s
Contributor
Contributor

Story level access

Hi All, I need some help to show/hide multiple stories created and published by the users.

Scenario: Within the same dashboard, Story A was created by User A (first duplicate sheet with specific data/filters and then story - both published) and he wants it to be visible to the leaders (L1) only. Story B and C was created by User B and he wants it to be visible to Managers (L2) - Story B and C and his team (L3) - Story C only. 

Initially, I created a simple rule (not for a particular App) disabled the original "Stream" security rule and added custom property CommunityStoriesAccess="Yes" and it worked. However, this works for one story with whomsoever is given Yes access is able to see it.

( resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") ) or ( ( resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and ( (!(resource.objectType = "story")) or (resource.objectType = "story" and resource.approved ="true") or (resource.objectType = "story" and resource.approved ="false" and user.@CommunityStoriesAccess="Yes") ) and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel" ) and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read") )

For multiple stories (A, B and C) I assigned 3 values L1, L2, L3 for stories A,B and C respectively. However, this does not seem to work and all stories are visible to everyone with this App access.

Implemented new security rule for a particular App (App_d10e50ca-302b-4c0f-bae0-3b719bcd6bca) and CommunityStoriesAccess=L1,L2,L3.

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))
or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and ( (!(resource.objectType = "story")) or (resource.objectType = "story" and resource.approved ="true") or (resource.objectType = "story" and resource.name="Story A" and resource.approved ="false" and user.@CommunityStoriesAccess="L1"))
and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong or any additions? Going forward, there could be 101-5 such stories.

We are currently using Qliksense November 2019 Patch 3 Enterprise version.

0 Replies