Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatheusSaran
Contributor
Contributor

System Proxy Log - Failed to acquire user principal name - The LDAP server is unavailable.

Good Afternoon community,

I have been digging for this solution for a while and finally I found this knowledge base where is basically the situation that we are facing:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000056252

The problem is, in this case the application is not authorizing as the article is saying, in the logs I can see that my LDAP server connection is very slow and its not responding in time, forcing the principal name to not be acquire.

But as the article is saying, the application should release the authorization and allow the user to login. This is not happening and the user browser starts to ask for the user the login and pwd. That have bee happening from time to time everyday, its intermittent, after some minutes the user just try again and the SSO works fine. We are using Active Directory here. 

I'm attaching more details. Any ideas? Thanks for the collaboration...

2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Authorization != Authentication. I believe what this support article is saying is if the user is already authenticated, then it will still authorize the user if the quick check doesn't get a response in time. In your scenario, the user hasn't been authenticated, so they cannot get in.

Ultimately this is not something that you can account for on the Qlik side. You will need to work with your IT/Infrastructure team to identify why the connection is slow and make the required adjustments.  

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
MatheusSaran
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good morning and thanks for you message.

Its clear that is also an issue from the infrastructure side but there is no much room to improve, as one of your domain is crossing the geography to authenticate.

I’m wondering if we don’t have any configuration from QLIK side to enlarge the timeout or response back?

Thanks