Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Timing QlikSense Patching of different environments

Hello,

If we are to install the latest service release for our Qliksense environments, we want to go about it patching dev first then the high environments after. 

However, there may be app releases prior to all environments getting the patch. Would there be any negative effects of moving up a qvf from an environment that contains the patch to another environment that does not?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In theory and as a principle I would say, yes there might be negative effects. Things may have changes between the versions that could affect the application.

I guess rhat Qlik do not officially support running an application generated by a higher version QS on a lower version QS.

In practice I have experienced Qlik Sense to handle both backward and forward compatibility quite well, especially when it comes to "simple" service release patches. I can't recall having any big issues with that. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In theory and as a principle I would say, yes there might be negative effects. Things may have changes between the versions that could affect the application.

I guess rhat Qlik do not officially support running an application generated by a higher version QS on a lower version QS.

In practice I have experienced Qlik Sense to handle both backward and forward compatibility quite well, especially when it comes to "simple" service release patches. I can't recall having any big issues with that.