Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Trigger without Qmc

Hi all,

Toni Kautto

arul settu

Rohit Kumar

Miguel Braga

Michael Tarallo

I have one issue on Qliksense Server.

Issue:  I have small Qvf file  with 10 records.  and i have added  in Qmc for Trigger by hourly basis.

Now my user needs without going to  Qmc  user wants to refresh data by External event.

how it is possible can anyone explain?

Thanks

Chanty

12 Replies
eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi chanty4u

Have you set up permissions to the extension correctly? Afraid I can't replicate your scenario as we run v2.2.3, though worth raising an issue with the developer to see if your version is supported.

Another possible approach you may wish to consider is a utility called 'QlikSenseTask':

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=1.42942567.310294989.1405955583#!/project/56f2e998f1c173fc24afe6ec

This allows you to call a command line utility on the server that runs Qlik Sense reload tasks.We've used it to integrate with an external data workflow scheduling tool.

HTH

Chris

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - this definitely sounds like a custom solution is needed - 1 thing I know you can do to reduce some of the custom coding burden is use an ETL tool such as Pentaho Data Integration. There is a free open source version available as well. PDI can create a JOB (graphically) that uses a file listener - you can configure that listener to look for a file - then kick off a "process" - when that file is received - such as an .exe , .bat, .cmd etc or even a RESTful API call to reload the Qlik Data etc. I don't know the specifics of it - but it can be done with a combination of tools that do not require any coding etc. as well.

Imagine an HTML page that someone uses to upload a new dataset. When they click upload, that dataset is put in a specific folder where a file listener is listening - the file is received and the process is started to reload the data in Qlik (API) - then you go to the app and the data is refreshed.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chanty, we have had a similar request from our users, I posted a similar question, if you have the ability to use C# the user could trigger the code to run which would tell a reload task to run.

Re: Working with REST API to trigger reload tasks