Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimD
Contributor
Contributor

Trying map a custom property in a SAML virtual proxy

I have a OneLogin Single Sign On virtual proxy and I am trying to map the user's department to a custom property that we have setup for permissions to Streams. How do you set up the virtual proxy's attribute mapping to a custom property? This is not working. 

clipboard_image_0.png

3 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The Qlik Sense attribute is not a Custom Property. It comes in as an environment property, which can be used in security rules.

So instead of doing:

(user.@Customer_Analyzer_Group = resource.@Customer_Analyzer_Group)

You would do:

(user.environment.custom_analyzer_group = resource.@Customer_Analyzer_Group)

This should be helpful in understanding how to use SAML Groups.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
JimD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Trey,  I map the user's department in the virtual proxy to the custom property. When I run the task to pull all users from Active Directory that have a specific user group, I expect the department of that user to populate the custom_analyzer_group custom property. 

For example, user John Doe is in the "Qlik Users" active directory group and part of the sales department in active directory, the Qlik task pulls all users into the user list that have the Qlik Users group and maps name to name and department to custom_analyzer_group.. name gets populated but the custom property does not get populated with the values "Sales". 

JimD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Actually I just realized the SAML Virtual Proxy is only doing the authentication. The User List is being pulled from Active Directory. Is there a way to map a users department from Active Directory to the custom property on the user in Qlik