Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deardley
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Unable to Configure Oracle ODBC User Directory Connector (UDC)

Greetings,

We are trying to create a User Directory Connector (UDC) from Qlik Sense 13.95.3 with a central node and 2 proxies to an Oracle 19c database. We have tried both the 'ODBC' and 'SQL (via ODBC)' connector types. The Windows 64-bit ODBC Data Source connects successfully, and we can create a working ODBC Data Connection in Qlik Sense with that datasource as well. The Oracle instant client version is 21.7. 

When we try to save a UDC, we get the message "The User Directory Connector (UDC) is not configured, because the following error occurred: Exception when trying to connect to the data source. Edit the connection string in the user directory connector configuration."  We have looked through the logs trying to find a more detailed error message, but  don't see anything.

For an ODBC connector, the 'Visible connection string' looks like this:

DSN=<DataSourceName>;DBQ=<TNSName>;uid=<db username>;pwd=<db password>

And for a SQL (via ODBC) connector:

Driver={Oracle in instantclient_21_7};dbq=<TNSName>;uid=<db username>;pwd=<db password>

We have the same configuration in another environment, and it is working. We have looked through other support threads here and have been unable to find a solution.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deardley
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I finally got the UDC to work. I think the key was turning off the Qlik services on the proxy nodes and restarting the central node. After I did that the UDC would save and perform a sync. It still wasn't bringing in any data though, so I brought the proxy services back up, restarted the central node again, and then toggled the 'Sync data for existing users' checkbox once in the UDC, and then everything worked correctly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
deardley
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I finally got the UDC to work. I think the key was turning off the Qlik services on the proxy nodes and restarting the central node. After I did that the UDC would save and perform a sync. It still wasn't bringing in any data though, so I brought the proxy services back up, restarted the central node again, and then toggled the 'Sync data for existing users' checkbox once in the UDC, and then everything worked correctly.