Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheenu_janakira
Creator III
Creator III

Under what criteria does QlikSense change an apps ObjectId (in QSR)?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know under which criteria QlikSense changes the "Object Id" of a chart object?

I built a web mashup based on a published app.It worked without too many (similar) issues (to the one below) for almost 2 months. Now I've republished the app from my "Work" folder, as I usually have, and a multitude of objects in the mashup don't show anymore (however, some still do). This is due to the "Object Id" having changed and therefore the .js file "incorrectly" referencing those specific objects in question.

I have noticed this occuring in a couple of instances with the same app, but this time it is more extreme (e.g. at least 50% of the objects have now "disappeared" from the mashup).

• The app was never deleted, i.e. I've only re-published newer versions on top of the one that was there.
  • The Object IDs in question typically switch from a 'short code' (e.g. "nRxXG") to a full GUID ("fcc9ab29-e080-4619-9180-45eddbafd612") - is this a hint as to what is going on?
  • I have re-published the original file to the same stream (as a new app) and the Object ID stay the same as it is in the original app in my "Work" folder.

I could easily republish a new app and point the mashup to that one (which would correctly reference the original Object IDs), however, this will pose an operational issue when we deploy our full solution. The GUID of the (master) app is critical (it will be written to table in multiple Oracle databases) and cannot be changed easily without disrupting multiple things in what is going to be a relatively complex mechanism.

In order to prevent this, as I cannot understand why this happens in seemingly "randomly" manner, I am curious in knowing what triggers QlikSense to re-allocate a new ObjectID to an object in QSR. Are there any documents/articles/info on this or even others developers that have noticed the same phenomenon?

Kind regards,

Cheenu

4 Replies
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Has anyone figured this out? We periodically run into this and it's crazy-making. I have seen where an object id changed when an object was moved to a different sheet in the same app (though not sure why that would be necessary), but this does not seem to account for all use cases. 

Like @cheenu_janakira , we've also seen that these ids sometimes change from one short code to another and other times change from a short code to a full GUID, but haven't been able to figure out what in the world triggers these changes. 

Ultimately, this is a pretty big inconvenience when working with both Mashups as well as NPrinting (have you ever had to completely rebuild a pixel perfect table from scratch (with 25+ formatting rules) because the level broke because someone moved an object to another sheet? Many swears). 

Paulexter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Also want to bump this question because I'm seeing the same thing and it definitely causes pain with maintenance. 

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Paulexter  - I've since my original comment come to determine that object ids are converted to a GUID when they are made Master Visualizations. I haven't tested the object-id-changing-when-moving-sheets scenario again recently, but would guess those two scenarios would account for the vast majority of times this happens. 

Paulexter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks @millerhm - that helps. I'll ensure my mashup visualizations are master items and that will hopefully avoid the issue going forward.