Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHu1
Contributor
Contributor

Update Qliksense and Postgres

Hey Everyone,

we are running a QlikSense 14.129.9 with a Postgres 12.5 installation. I tried to follow the description here Upgrading and unbundling the Qlik Sense Repository... - Page 15 - Qlik Community - 1934238 to upgrade to the newest QlikSense Version.

As I try to run the 14.139.4 setup it gets stuck at the step "Installing Repository". I found out in the logs that it is looking for a database with Postgres 14. So I tried to install that first. But at the start of the installation it won't find a previous installation. 

Furthermore I found out, that the old paths led to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL where version 9.6 of Postgres still exists. But the new installation was made to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\12. 
(I found some registry keys (Qlik Sense Repository Database) pointing at the old path, but even changing them to the new location does not solve the problem)

What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,
Step 16 in the article link has you remove the old install of Postgres.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-and-unbundling-the-Qlik-Sense-Repo...

16. Uninstall the old Qlik Sense Repository Database service.

Note : This step is required. Failing to remove the old service will lead the upgrade or patching issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,
Step 16 in the article link has you remove the old install of Postgres.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-and-unbundling-the-Qlik-Sense-Repo...

16. Uninstall the old Qlik Sense Repository Database service.

Note : This step is required. Failing to remove the old service will lead the upgrade or patching issues.
JHu1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the advice. I tried this step yesterday, but I was not able to find the correct msi. But now I found it:

JHu1_0-1702018294070.png

there is a 's' missing in my package names. I will try to reinstall them by tuesday the latest. Then I will post my progress here.

JHu1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

So I reinstalled PostgreSQL125 with the path given in Step 16. The SQL Upgrade still did not find a previous installation. But the QlikSense update to version 14.139.4 ran without any problems.

I guess it was the wrong path of PostgreSQL125 which prevented the successful installation of Version 14.139.4 

Thank you @Ray_Strother