Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade from JUNE 2017 to NOV 2017 Release

Please let me know the process for an upgrade to NOV 2017 from June 2017 release.

Does just running the NOV 2017 exec. file is enough for the upgrade or is a different process.

Of course, we'll be taking the backup before the upgrade.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Yes it should be pretty straight forward if you have all the checks in place. Please note that previous version will be fully removed and Nov release will be installed. Do you have any specific questions around the upgrade?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deplo...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Yes it should be pretty straight forward if you have all the checks in place. Please note that previous version will be fully removed and Nov release will be installed. Do you have any specific questions around the upgrade?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deplo...

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick turn around on this.

Just to confirm the steps:

-Download the NOV-2017 Upgrade Exec.(currently Build 3) and, not the Setup.exec.

-Then Download the November 2017 Patch1, November 2017 Patch2, November 2017 Patch3.

-Execute the NOV-2017 Upgrade

-Execute the November 2017 Patch1

-Execute the November 2017 Patch2

-Execute the November 2017 Patch3

Let me know if the steps are apt.

Thanks -

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

You would start with Setup.exe first and then include the patches.

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok Great, Thanks for confirming to use the Setup file and not the upgrade file.

Was under impression that I need to use the upgrade file.

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Where do you see upgrade file? We just have Setup (base build) and then 3 update file for each patch.

ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am mistaken, The patches itself called as are being called as updates.

Thanks for the clarification.

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Cool, good luck with upgrade.

gracehu2013
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Ahmed:

How are you?

We're planning to upgrade to QV Nov.2017 and would like to know if your upgrade is smooth? Did you upgrade to SR3? After upgrade, are your company's qlikview dashboards working fine?

Thanks.