Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrade to November 2017 - Getting an Error.

Hi community,

Today we've upgraded our Qlik Sense from September 2017 (Patch 1) to November 2017 (Patch 0).

To do this, we check the Plan and Deploy document, where says the following:

Upgrading from Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 or later with a shared persistence model to Qlik Sense June 2017 or later

Do the following:

1. Stop your Qlik Sense services.

2. Upgrade your central node by launching the Qlik Sense setup file (Qlik_Sense_setup.exe).

3. Select Upgrade to upgrade your existing shared persistence deployment.

4. Accept the license agreement and click Next.

5. On the Service Credentials page, enter the  Username and Password for your Windows Qlik Sense service user account. If the user is member of a domain, enter the service account as \. For more information, see  User accounts (page 53).

6. On the Ready to upgrade page, select the appropriate check boxes if you want the setup to create desktop shortcuts and  automatically start the Qlik Sense services when the setup is complete, and click Upgrade.

7. Check that all of the Qlik Sense services have started successfully.

8. Check that all apps have been migrated successfully on the central node. If migration has failed for one or more apps, resolve the issues before continuing.

9. Deploy the Qlik Sense  upgrade with shared persistence on the remaining nodes

Step 7 is ok, all services are working fine, but I cant enter Hub or QMC.

Captura.PNG

The upgrade says me that was complete with no errors, but I'm still can't enter to Hub or QMC, i don't know what to do.

My question is: Should I upgrade first to September Patch 3 (We have patch 1 already) and then to November 2017 Patch 0? Maybe that's the problem...but I prefer your opinion.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Update:

Apparently, (checking my logs, etc) the problem is the version, not me haha.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deplo...

My customer will do a new upgrade but from Sept 2017 to Feb 2018 directly. I'll update if this works fine.

CS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I'll start from the end:

NO, you don't need to upgrade to September release before upgrading to April release.

you did the upgrade using  the same admin account that was used during the first install ?

Did you wait few minutes before trying to connect to the hub and to the QMC ?

Did you try connecting to the QMC/HUB from inside the server, using different url (LOCAL IP ADDRESS, LOCALHOST..) ?

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

NO, you don't need to upgrade to September release before upgrading to April release.

Ok, but my customer wants to have the previous version to the lastest version. So with this: Can I upgrade from September 2017 to February 2018?

you did the upgrade using  the same admin account that was used during the first install ?

Yes, I'm using the same admin account that was used during the 1st install.

Did you wait few minutes before trying to connect to the hub and to the QMC ?

Yes, like 10 minutes and nothing (services are working)

Did you try connecting to the QMC/HUB from inside the server, using different url (LOCAL IP ADDRESS, LOCALHOST..) ?

Yes, I've tested from inside and outside server, with the local IP, servername, etc.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Ok, but my customer wants to have the previous version to the lastest version. So with this: Can I upgrade from September 2017 to February 2018?

You Can go from the version you want to the version you want (but for Rolling back you should pay attention on Incompatibilities due to new features that can not be found on older versions)

did you open the properties of each Qlik service to see what is the Windows account that is actually running it ?

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Update:

Apparently, (checking my logs, etc) the problem is the version, not me haha.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deplo...

My customer will do a new upgrade but from Sept 2017 to Feb 2018 directly. I'll update if this works fine.

CS.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Good luck