Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ablanc
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading Qlik May 2021 to May 2022

Hello,

We currently have three Windows Server 2016 machines.

One of the machines hosts QLIK Enterprise Manager May 2021. One of the other servers hosts an instance of DEV May 2021 and the other an instance of PROD May 2021.

We would first like to upgrade the QLIK Enterprise Manager to the May 2022 version. Then in the wake, upgrade the DEV instance to this same version.

To do this I have some primary questions:

- Approximately how long does the upgrade take?

- If I understood your documentation correctly, I just need to launch the Wizard setup AttunityEnterpriseManager to upgrade my Enterprise Manager? Currently I have the following Wizard setup: AttunityEnterpriseManager_6.6.0.456_X64, Do I need to download another version?

- Will my two instances (DEV and PROD) continue to work during the upgrade of my Enterprise Manager? If not, should I shut them down first?

- To upgrade the DEV instance, I also need to run the following Wizard setup: AttunityEnterpriseManager_6.6.0.456_X64?

Thank you in advance for your time and your answers,

Sincerely, Adrien BLANC.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Adrien,

The installer version that you are specifying doesn't add up with the QEM versions.

6.6.0.456 is a very old version.

In regards to your questions:

A: Can't really say, it varies. it shouldn't take more than a few min, when i do an upgrade, it usually takes me a few min, but i guess it depends on the enviroment.

- If I understood your documentation correctly, I just need to launch the Wizard setup AttunityEnterpriseManager to upgrade my Enterprise Manager? Currently I have the following Wizard setup: AttunityEnterpriseManager_6.6.0.456_X64, Do I need to download another version?

A: The version that you have is a very old version of the QEM setup, and doesn't match the versions you want to upgrade to.

You will need to go to the qlik download site and download the correct installer version based on what you need.

In regards to all other questions after this we have some best practices for upgrading in our QEM user guide:

Installing Enterprise Manager ‒ Qlik Enterprise Manager

I will suggest one last thing, based on your installer, i would guess that you are using an old version of QEM, if you are upgrading from 6.6 you will not simply be able to upgrade from that version to 2021 and 2022, you will need to upgrade to a middle version and from there to one of the newer versions.

The release notes for the QEM installer specify what upgrade paths need to be taken in order to upgrade if you have a very old QEM version in order to upgrade correctly.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Adrien,

The installer version that you are specifying doesn't add up with the QEM versions.

6.6.0.456 is a very old version.

In regards to your questions:

A: Can't really say, it varies. it shouldn't take more than a few min, when i do an upgrade, it usually takes me a few min, but i guess it depends on the enviroment.

- If I understood your documentation correctly, I just need to launch the Wizard setup AttunityEnterpriseManager to upgrade my Enterprise Manager? Currently I have the following Wizard setup: AttunityEnterpriseManager_6.6.0.456_X64, Do I need to download another version?

A: The version that you have is a very old version of the QEM setup, and doesn't match the versions you want to upgrade to.

You will need to go to the qlik download site and download the correct installer version based on what you need.

In regards to all other questions after this we have some best practices for upgrading in our QEM user guide:

Installing Enterprise Manager ‒ Qlik Enterprise Manager

I will suggest one last thing, based on your installer, i would guess that you are using an old version of QEM, if you are upgrading from 6.6 you will not simply be able to upgrade from that version to 2021 and 2022, you will need to upgrade to a middle version and from there to one of the newer versions.

The release notes for the QEM installer specify what upgrade paths need to be taken in order to upgrade if you have a very old QEM version in order to upgrade correctly.

Hope this helps.

Alan_Wang
Support
Support

Hi @ablanc 

The instance you will upgrade should have its service stopped first.

Please refer to our community portal for the installers:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
narendersarva
Support
Support

Hi @ablanc ,

If you have replicate, It is advised to maintain same versions for both QEM and replicate. 

Thanks
Naren