Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrading Qlik Sense Repository from 9.6 to 11.5

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the postgresql repository of Qlik Sense (version Feb 2019) from 9.6 to 11.5.

It says here that there are vulnerabilities in the current version that can be resolved by upgrading the version of postgresql: https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-336/product_id-575/Postgresql-Postgresql.htm...

If it's possible to upgrade the postgresql repository, are there any drawbacks of upgrading? Are there any pre-requisite? Are there things that I should know about? We currently have a multi-node setup (1 central, 2 rim nodes), are there any configurations that I need to do on all nodes?

Sincerely, 
Rey

Labels (6)
1 Solution
10 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @reycarloluber 

The requirement for that version is PostgreSQL  9.6

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for the reply!

9.6 already came upon installation. What I would like to know is if upgrading is possible or if it'd have any impact in the on-going environment. Any pre requisite or things to note are also highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rey
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @premvihari 

If you upgrade and after that there is a problem, as the version is not listed in the requirements it won't be a supported installation.

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @NadiaB 

Can you please elaborate what you meant by it not being a supported installation? I followed the guides posted by @premvihari  and was able to replace (not upgrade) the postgresql from 9.6 to 11.5 and everything is working as is.

Sincerely,

Rey

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @premvihari 

Please refer to the Support Policy , 4. Error Resolution and Escalation, 4.2 section.

It is necessary to verify your system meets the Requirements listed in the documentation.

Kind Regards.

reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @NadiaB ,

Thank you for the reply. If we downgrade back to 9.6, will it be covered by the support again? And also, are all patches of 9.6 covered by the support? We are planning to downgrade back to 9.6.15.

I am not sure if only 9.6.6 is covered. We need at least 9.6.10 to address the vulnerability issues.

Sincerely,

Rey

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @reycarloluber 

Have you had the chance to look at the documentation? It is mentioned that is required PostgreSQL 9.6.x versions

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Kind Regards.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Enterprise (as of October 2019) only supported PostgreSQL 9.6.x. There are active plans to support higher versions of PostgreSQL and the goal is to include this into Qlik Sense November 2019, although that is not a commit that it will make it into November 2019. Practically this is planned to be support of a remote PostgreSQL site with 11.x initially with later releases supporting upgrading the bundled PostgreSQL which comes with Qlik Sense Enterprise. Please check the system requirements page on help as releases are released to see when this change is made.