Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shienya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Upgrading Qlik sense from November 2021 to August 2024

Hi,

My client wants to upgrade from November 2021 to August 2024 (when it is released)

Do i need to upgrade to February 2022 first, then upgrade the postgres version using the QPI, then only upgrade to the latest August 2024. 

OR

Do i need to upgrade first the postgres version to 12.5 (using which tool?), then upgrade to august 2022, then upgrade to  postgres 14.8, then upgrade the latest version?

Please help as i am confused. 

Their environment is just a single server. 

Qlik Sense Business 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raju_6952
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @shienya ,

My suggestion to you is initillay upgrade to either feb 2022 or august 2022 initial release and then upgrade the postgres from 9.6 to 14.8 uisng qpi tool then after successful upgrade of postgres uninstal the old 9.6 qlik repository database and then install the initial release of Qlik sense Aug 2024 and finally required patch for that respective qlik version.

using qpi now its upgrading from 9.6 to 14.8 postgres version not 12,5 version .

Regards,

Raju

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NelsonOng
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dear ShienYa,

From your scenario, it seems that the client is currently using postgres 9.6 right? As in my opinion, option 1 would be a good option. @Sonja_Bauernfeind . Please help to confirm this as I am also facing the similar scenario. 

Raju_6952
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @shienya ,

My suggestion to you is initillay upgrade to either feb 2022 or august 2022 initial release and then upgrade the postgres from 9.6 to 14.8 uisng qpi tool then after successful upgrade of postgres uninstal the old 9.6 qlik repository database and then install the initial release of Qlik sense Aug 2024 and finally required patch for that respective qlik version.

using qpi now its upgrading from 9.6 to 14.8 postgres version not 12,5 version .

Regards,

Raju

shienya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Raju_6952 , 

I see, i will try that once august 2024 is released. 

Besides that, will the data in postgre 9.6 affected if it is uninstalled? or it will be moved to 14.8 automatically.

Regards, 

ShienYa

Raju_6952
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @shienya ,

using qpi if you upgrade to 14.8 then there will be no data loss, I mean after the successfull upgrade uninstall the qlik sense repository data base service and then proceed with the upgrade of August 2024 initial release and patch file later, if all looks fine.

Regards,

Raju

shienya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Raju_6952 ,

Thanks for the clarification. Will try once August is released.