Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrading from September 2018 to April 2019

Hi community,

Can I upgrade my Qlik Sense September 2018 to April 2019 without problems? Or there is some additional steps to do for upgrade it?

Thanks in advance

CS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes, you can upgrade straight from September 2018 to April 2019. However, I would suggest upgrading to June 2019 instead. I've found that it has been much more stable. 

With that said, it's always good to take back ups so you can roll back if anything goes awry.

One thing you may find is that some extensions may break. I usually tend to thoroughly test all extensions after an upgrade incase any API changes deprecated the functionality.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes, you can upgrade straight from September 2018 to April 2019. However, I would suggest upgrading to June 2019 instead. I've found that it has been much more stable. 

With that said, it's always good to take back ups so you can roll back if anything goes awry.

One thing you may find is that some extensions may break. I usually tend to thoroughly test all extensions after an upgrade incase any API changes deprecated the functionality.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much for your response!

We will upgrade to June 2019 🙂 

CS