Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Very Frequent 'Too Many Instances of Qlik Running in Parallel'

Hi, 

I have read through the documentation on this error message but I am not sure if I followed the resolution properly. Some things to note about our environment (Please let me know if any of these seem to be incorrectly set up): 

1. There is a Qlik Sense admin account used to run the Qlik Sense services. 

2. There is no access token allocated to our Qlik Sense admin account. 

3. All of the monitor_app data connections use the Qlik Sense admin account. However, the Qlik Sense admin is not a RootAdmin. 

4. All of the REST data connections used to load our apps use another account (For this post, I will refer to this account as  MainUser). MainUser is a RootAdmin. This error message does pop up more frequently when logging into the Hub as MainUser. 

This error message pops up extremely frequently. Right now, it's almost impossible to visit the Hub. Typically, I can work around this by closing the browser and restarting all of the Qlik services but this isn't working anymore. The error message still persists. It's also not a viable solution because we can't restart our services multiple times a day. 

I am lost as to what to do next but it's really important for me to find a solution as Qlik is almost un-useable... What other settings should I look at? How have others worked through this issue? 

Thank you in advance for any guidance and suggestions!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @kdaniels-obrien 

have you tried this one, because that fits the description of appearing right after you logon.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Certain-users-get-quot-too-many-sessions-active...

Should this one still not solve the issue, please reach out to us at Qlik support and we will investigate the matter with you together.

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @kdaniels-obrien 

have you tried this one, because that fits the description of appearing right after you logon.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Certain-users-get-quot-too-many-sessions-active...

Should this one still not solve the issue, please reach out to us at Qlik support and we will investigate the matter with you together.

regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
kdaniels-obrien
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I'll give this a try now. Thanks for the quick response!