Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markdur101
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We would like to know if there any known issues in upgrading an QlikSense Enterprise Cluster from Winows 2012 R2 to 2019

We would like to know if there are any known issues in upgrading a QlikSense Enterprise Cluster from Winows 2012 R2 to 2019.

Are any special configuration changes needed after this OS upgrade.

We are on QlikSense Enterprise version Nov 2020.

I have attached a diagram of our current installation at AWS.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @markdur101 !

In the field we mainly see issues around security settings, TLS/Ciphers and such OS-level configurations.

Generally we do not recommend an in-place OS upgrade but deploying a new machine with Windows 2019 with the current Qlik build and then move things over for testing.

Some customers and partners have done this in-place so it is possible, just be sure to allow extra time for testing and fully back things up, etc.  I also see that you have a support case for this that was resolved but I wanted to answer this for any future searches.

Best,
Jay

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @markdur101 !

In the field we mainly see issues around security settings, TLS/Ciphers and such OS-level configurations.

Generally we do not recommend an in-place OS upgrade but deploying a new machine with Windows 2019 with the current Qlik build and then move things over for testing.

Some customers and partners have done this in-place so it is possible, just be sure to allow extra time for testing and fully back things up, etc.  I also see that you have a support case for this that was resolved but I wanted to answer this for any future searches.

Best,
Jay

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.