Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

setting up Qlik Sense integration with Azure AD Application Proxy

We are setting up Azure AD application proxy to allow access to QlikSense through firewall and found this white paper:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technology-Partners-Ecosystem-Documents/Azure-AD-Application-Proxy/ta-...

but the white paper does not provide very specific instructions or context. Can someone help with these questions:

1. to  create a Kerberos Service Principal Name  -

a) assume these are command line commands to execute on the server, cmd run as administrator?

b) paper says "If the Qlik Sense Proxy service is running as QLIKEMM\qlik," - From "net start," the service is running as "Qlik Sense Proxy Service" - is there some other id somewhere or would I just change"

setspn.exe -U -S HTTP/sense.qlikemm.com QLIKEMM\qlik

to

setspn.exe -U -S HTTP/myserverurl.mycompany.com "Qlik Sense Proxy Service"

2. in order to set up kerberos authentication, instructions are to modify the virtual proxy and proxy settings in the QMC: "Using the Qlik Sense Management Console: edit the Authentication properties of the Virtual Proxy and adjust the Windows authentication pattern from default Windows to Mozilla to support Single SignOn from not-only Windows desktop browsers; edit the Ports properties of the Proxy and enable Kerberos authentication."

daveatkins_0-1623342536375.png

does this mean to edit the existing configuration of the virtual proxy to change the free text "Windows" to "Mozilla" and then go to the bound proxy

daveatkins_1-1623342639216.png

and check the box for kerberos?

Will this cause problems for existing Windows users or is this safe to do? Do I need to restart services after making these changes?

2 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @daveatkins 

Please have a look at below article:

Tutorial: Azure Active Directory integration with Qlik Sense Enterprise | Microsoft Docs

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Sense 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

ok, yes, I have read that. What I would like is if someone could answer my questions that I posted because it seems like there were only a few things to be done